Sunday, January 24, 2010

Welcome 2010

Alot has happened since I last posted, it's been a very hectic month and a half for my family, so I'll just try to write one or two points about everything that has happened that we've missed.

Dec 12- My brother Duke went to the temple for his living endowments in preparation for his mission. It was a beautiful session and nothing is like waiting in the Celestial room for a new family member to come through. LOVED IT

Dec 19- My sister Anuanu married her boyfriend of a year and a half Vaea Tauteoli. Love em so much...I wish nothing but the best for them and their new little family.

Dec 20-23 Las Vegas Bowl Oregon State vs BYU

We won! We defeated the beavers 44-20. It was an awesome game, sadly Manase's last game as a BYU cougar. They wore the Royal Blue jerseys and Manase scored 2 touchdowns! i was even on TV for a split second! haha We shall miss the good times but are looking forward to the future and what it holds.

Dec 25- This Christmas our WHOLE family spent together. It would be our last as a whole for another two years as my baby brother would be leaving on his mission in the Cape Verde Islands. It was a holiday filled with love and laughter. I LOVE being with my eternal family.

Dec 26- Family portraits...pictures coming soon!

Dec 30- We bid farewell to the baby boy in our family. We dropped Duke off at the MTC after breakfast at Dennys. just thinking about this days brings me to tears. I miss him dearly but I know he will be an incredible Elder and will bless the lives of many in Cape Verde.

(LATER THAT NIGHT)

Manase receives his invitation to the National Football League Scouting Combine. He is one of only 3 fullbacks to receive an invitation. We were very excited to hear this news.

Jan 1, 2010 HAPPY NEW YEAR!

And the past month has been such a blur. Since Leila was born, Semisi gave up his crib for her and moved himself into our tiny queen sized bed rather than his intended sleeping place, the play pen. So we decided to convert our storage room into a big boy room for Semisi, equipped with a big boy bed and all. We'll be decorating it with all of his dad's BYU artifacts, posters, signed footballs, jerseys, etc. We've finished the painting, we're just putting last minute touches on the decor. i'll be sure to post a pic when we're done.

Next on the list...getting him to sleep in his own bed. Fearing the battle, we've procrastinated that day...but it will be coming in the near future! I have many plans for our little family as far as sleeping schedules, bed arrangements, etc. We'll see how all that goes down.

But we are so excited for 2010! As Ive said many times, 2009 was a hard year for us, and we know this one will be filled with many ups and downs as well, but it should be an exciting year nonetheless...

I need to write more but I have a screaming 4 month old on my lap begging for her breastmilk...and I can feel my body giving in...so here's to being better, the new year, and new schedules!

Goodnight...

4 comments:

Kassie said...

Congrats on everything.. we're so happy for Nase getting an invite to combines.. how exciting! Maybe you'll end up at the Dolphins :) Did you guys sign with an agent yet? Kiss the kiddies for us... xoxo

Kristi Amasio said...

Your such a good Mom Hea. So glad to hear about Manase and so excited for your future. Please let us know what happens. We love you guys!!

Inouyes said...

Congrats to Manase we know he will do great miss ya!

mary said...

whew!! what a month!! congrats on everything lolohea. love you guys!