Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving/It's beginning to look alot like Christmas!


I can't believe it's already December! This year seemed to fly right over my head! I hate how that happens.

First things first, for Thanksgiving this year we didn't do much. My Dad was flying into town on black Friday so my brother, sister, and I decided we'd rather not attempt to make thanksgiving dinner but just wait for my Dad to cook it for us when he came. So with no plans on Thanksgiving day itself, we decided at the last minute to go to the Unga's house for dinner. It was some great food, fun games, beautiful music, and good company!

My Dad made us our traditional Thanksgiving feast with turkey, his amazing stuffing, gravy, cranberries, and mashed potatoes. I wouldn't mind having my dad's thanksgiving cooking for the rest of my life!

While my dad was here, we set up our tree and Sela, Sinalei, and Micah were here to help. I love my yummy smelling christmas tree! We did the fake tree last year and I will NEVER do that again! There are some things I don't want to compromise on, no matter how much less of a hassle or how much cheaper it may be. I've always had a fresh tree growing up and I want my kids to have the same.

Semisi drove home to California with my dad and now it's Manase, Leila, and I. It's amazing how much smaller our family seems with one person missing! Granted, that one person is the life of the party, but you get my point. I miss my baby, but I'm loving how easy one baby is! Manase and I feel like we're a childless couple again! Leila's such a good little calm girl. We've gone to dinner twice this week, our good friend Sete Aulai's wedding, and even a movie! And she's been an angel through it all. I'm kind of glad we have some alone time to spend with our Leila and show her some special attention. Here's some fun pictures of our babygirl from this week so far!Hangin' out watching Mom and Dad eat at Chili's...just watched "The Blindside"

After Sete's wedding, waiting for our table at Outback Steakhouse

Getting ready for bed. I keep trying to catch a pic of her smiling, but she always stares at the camera like its a foreign object thats gonna eat her!

Sleeping soundly without her big brother around to wake her up.

On a side note, I've decided that she's old enough to have her hair tied back. Her hair was outta control and getting way too long to just let go free. I love the little pigtails! It makes her look like so much older! It kinda throws people off because she's so little but has a head of hair like a three year old! haha

3 comments:

Line said...

My dad is the main cook on Thanksgiving too and we all love it!

Crystal said...

I love thanksgiving and christmas too! Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! Nice tree!

Lolohea Tonga said...

Crystal I need an invite to your blog! It's a different email from the one you have. Send it to LoloheaT@gmail.com