Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Funny Valentine/ Happy Birthday to Me!


So every year as February rolls around most are reminded of the festivities of Valentine's day that are looming just around the corner. Most women look forward to it and men probably dread it. Growing up, I always wanted to be special on my birthday, February 14 and I couldn't stand that every other girl around me seemed to be just as special, or at least treated that way, on MY birthday. I hated it. As the years rolled by, I began to target my bitterness at the holiday itself. Eventually I began HATING valentine's day and every hint of it. I hated that I had to plan my birthday dinner weeks, sometimes months in advance. I hated that when we would eat out, all sorts of women around me were getting roses and candles and all I would get was an embarrassing rendition of "happy birthday" that only seemed to annoy everyone else in the room. Lately though, I've come to terms with it. I guess of all the holidays to have your birthday on, it could be worse. Lucky for my husband, that two dates in one to remember...and he actually tried to sell me the idea of getting married on February 14 just so he would only have to remember one date in all. Of course I couldn't make it that easy on him...so we ended up getting married on July 7...7/7/07...as if thats not easy enough to remember right? But I've learned to love valentine's day. And if anything, it's two in one, so Manase tries to make it even that much more special. So I get twice as much on my birthday and twice as much for valentine's. I guess I'll take it. :)

So this year I turned 24(bleck). Manase woke up with Semisi so I could sleep in, which is the best present I could ask for. I LOVE my sleep. He had arranged for my sister Anu to babysit Semisi for the weekend and we packed our things and drove out to Park City. Manase had arranged for us to stay in a suite in Park City for two nights at the Yarrow Resort. When we got there we went to dinner at a yummy Italian(my fave) restaraunt on Main Street. Our room had a kitchenette so we stopped at the store and got snacks like hot chocolate and french bread, etc. The next day we went to the outlets they have out there...Manase got two new pairs of shoes from Nike(an early birthday present for him, his birthday is on the 28th) and Manase bought me a Coach purse to add to my collection and I love it!! That night we ate Sushi(my other fave) and went to a movie.

All in all I had an INCREDIBLE birthday and Valentine's. Thank goodness for my amazing sister for babysitting. I enjoyed the break but I did miss my baby Semisi way too much. I'm way too blessed...I think I must have done something right somewhere along the line to be surrounded by so much love. :)

And Semisi managed to get a present too! It was more of a present for Mommy and Daddy though...nice distraction. (sorry there aren't any pictures, I seemed to have misplaced my camera charger)

5 comments:

mary said...

oh my goodness! okay, manase wins the best husband award already. lol. how fun! and happy belated birthday!! i'm glad you've come to terms with it. lol.

we miss you guys too! we should have a game night or something! we need to catch up.

Angeles said...

hi lolohea! motherhood is a bliss. VERY hard at times, but you're right so worth it.
congrats on having another one. that's so exciting! and your son is so so cute. do you know what you're having yet?
Well, happy late birthday. You sure did get spoiled. At least it's not on Christmas Eve. LOL. That's baby Riana's bday. Tell manase we said hi. And kiss baby for us!

Ipo said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm so on the late birthday wish train! So glad you had a great Birthday and Valentine's day. You deserve it!!

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

ok.. so all you had to say was:
1-Sushi (yum)
2-Suite (ahh)
3-COACH (yes!)
Awesome b-day! :)

Inouyes said...

Awww..Manase you hopeless romantic you! You totally deserved it sis!