Friday, March 27, 2009

Lose's Wedding/A Time for change


A couple of weeks ago my cousin Losehina got married in the Mesa, AZ temple. Anuanu and I were in her line so we went down a week early to help her get everything together. Lose is my first cousin. Our mother's are sisters so we've been close all our lives. It was so much fun to see my cousin get married in the temple and to see her so happy! I have TONS of first cousins on my mom's side(like most polynesians, I'm sure) and most of them are girls, so there's never a dull moment when we all get together. Here's a couple pictures from the wedding.

Stuart and Losehina Aetonu

Lose with her bridesmaids

Lose's older sister Finau passed away back in 2001 at the age of 17. She was my closest friend and cousin. So we decided to visit her grave with the wedding party to take pictures. It really was bittersweet for all of us.

Anuanu and me with our nieces Meleseini and Sala and our nephew Sekope.

My sisters

My family just missing Jared(man, I guess I really am short right? hahaha)


So as you might be able to see from the pictures, I also decided to chop my hair off. A couple nights before I left to AZ I had what I like to refer to as a "Revelation" that I needed to cut my hair. I had taken my hair down to braid when I was watching Semisi one night and he looked at me like I was a stranger! He was fascinated by this new and exciting substance that had suddenly sprouted from my head. He was touching it and laughing as if he'd never seen hair before! At least not on me. And then the thought occurred to me that I had pretty much had my hair in a bun since the day he was born. That was when I decided that I would chop it off. I figured if I cut it short enough to where I couldn't manage a bun, that I would make more of an effort to actually style it. And being short it would be alot EASIER to style. So I did it. It's never been this short in my life, but I figure it's just hair; it'll grow back right? And I feel like I look a little more like a mom and more my age. I like it. I might even think about going a little shorter...gasp...maybe not. haha

7 comments:

Kassie said...

Loving the new hair. Looks like you guys had a great time in the sun :) Love ya xoxox

Ipo said...

Your hair is beautiful! You are glowing and beautiful as well!! Glad to read your stuff again! You need to be penalized for taking so long to update the rest of us nosy people about you and your family! Take care!! Ofa atu!

Kristi Amasio said...

Hey. I really like your hair. It turned out really cute. I know it didn't seem like we saw you guys at all during this trip. I did get to see Semisi and hold him for a minute. Poor guy I guess he was sick too, just like Milika. No fun traveling with sick kids. See ya soon!!

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

i love the colors! pink is perfect.

mary said...

you know how bridesmaids dresses are usually NOT the bomb? Not yours girl!! dang! you're lookin good!! so pretty. and I LOVE the hair. reading your blog gave me an idea maybe i should cut my hair cause i swear all i ever wear is a BUN these days. he he. you look beautiful lolohea. thanks for updating!!!

Inouyes said...

Luv the new Hair girl you look so cute! I miss ya sis!

Vika said...

Good to see you are back! Love the new hair do.