Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New to this...

So I've known about this blogspot thing for a while but I never really felt like I knew enough people to really go through the trouble of making one for myself. I recently discovered that my sisters-in-law both have one so I thought that might be enough close contacts to at least try starting a page of my own...then I can add other people I know. And then last night I wa just browsing through a bunch of people's pages and found that I actually know quite a few people who have a blogspot page! So here we are. Let's see...I'll just skip the intros and start from now...


We had Semisi's blessing this past weekend and it went wonderfully! Manase's parents and sister managed to make it out, but his brothers got stuck in California, unable to catch a flight. We missed them, but I know it was killing them too that they couldn't be here for the get together. My whole family came down except for Kristen and Sinalei and we missed them SOOOO much! But it's okay, maybe next time. Lani, Sarah, and Chloe, along with Lilio and Sina made the LOOOONG trek from California for the occasion as well. We were so glad to see them.

We started out with a kai on Saturday which was so fun after quite a bit of stress that I won't even begin to go into. There was plenty of food and everyone had plenty to eat. I really enjoyed having both of our families there for Semisi. I'm so grateful to my family as well as Manase's for everything they have done for our son. We really do have the best of both worlds. Manase's family bought the little white tuxedo and brought the BEAUTIFUL hand-made kahoa for him to wear.

Manase did an awesome job blessing Semisi. After church we had another eating courtesy of my favorite chef in all the world...my dad!! He rules...he seriously cooked a five course meal all by himself! I swear, it was equivalent to how much we usually have for thanksgiving. I love my dad to death...and just cuz I'm so grateful to him...i might call Semisi by his first name "Michael" every once in a while. :)

After we finished eating, we all let our food sit for awhile before heading over to Salt Lake to catch Lilio and Tali's homecoming fireside. In true Amasio fashion, we showed up just as they were announcing the closing prayer...just in time to mingle and then leave...lol. But it was nice seeing all of our family.

The worst part about having big family get-togethers is seeing them all leave. Especially in our little condo. It gets so crowded and busy around here when my family comes into town, and then when they leave it feels like Ghosttown around here with just the three of us. Anyway, I'm already making plans for the next time I get to see the family again...Thanksgiving!! I had to stay here in Utah last year for Thanksgiving and being the first one I experienced away from my family and my Dad's cooking...to put it lightly...I was MISERABLE. But until then, I'll just have to spend hours perusing through pictures of them...especially my ADORABLE NIECES who I miss way too much.

a couple more memories from the weekend.All my family!Semisi with Grandma and PapaI love my sisters!!Lolohea si'i, Anuanu, Sarah, me
Wow....I have nothing to say...the picture says it all..lol


2 comments:

Kristi Amasio said...

Love the post. Such cute pics. And yes yor Dad did and awesome job with cooking as always. It was food that was perfect for my taste. I loved it! It was a perfect weekend for Semisi, I think the only thing missing was Kristen and Sinalei. Love you guys!

Inouyes said...

awww... I didn't know you had a blog :) email me your email address so I can send you an invite to mine!

lishainouye@yahoo.com