Monday, August 10, 2009

My Baby Turns 1!

Manase and I didn't really want to do a HUGE party for Semisi's birthday...so we figured a small bbq with our immediate families and friends would suffice...needless to say...with Semisi beig the first grandchild on one side and the first grandson on the other...the grandparents went all out for this one. To make a long story short...we had fun day filled with friends and family and good food!!

Unfortunately, I didn't realize until AFTER the party was over that maybe I should have taken some pictures BEFORE the guests got there, at least for posterity's sake.

We went with the Thomas the Train theme...it was kind of random but we mostly picked it because of the colors and ended up loving it because there were endless amounts of Thomas themed party ideas!

For the center pieces we made a railroad going down the center of the tables with black construction paper. My mom got a bunch of different toy trains to place on the tracks and we had LOTS of balloons weighed down by paper bags with pictures of Semisi on them.

The favors matched the invites which my mom and I made by hand (she's a stampin up fan). The boys' matched the party...but the girls' favors were pink...but I couldn't resist deviating from my theme...those purses were adorable!! And really easy to make.

The cake was from my NEW FAVORITE BAKERY. It's called The Sweet Tooth Fairy and it's on University Ave across from Provo Towne Center right next to Quilted Bear. If you ever have a sweets craving...I HIGHLY recommend their cupcakes...especially the toasted coconut and strawberry shortcake(the frosting tastes like real strawberries!) and the black and white..I guess they're ALL delicious! haha


AGAIN, I wish I had taken more pictures of all the hard work we put into it...but it's okay. It was definitely a success and we made so many memories! Thank you to everyone who came to help us celebrate our little man's first year. We are so blessed with such great and supportive family and friends!

6 comments:

Kassie said...

How fun! Maybe if we got an invite we would have been there. Lol. No for real though :) happyfirst handsome boy. Hope youguys are doing good! Love ya xoxox

Kristi Amasio said...

Looks like you guys had a great party. Sorry we missed it. I can't believe he is 1 already. He is adorable!

Lolohea Tonga said...

Kass! I totally made an invite for you guys and everything but Manase told me not to send it because RAY told him you guys were leaving town on the 29th! I feel so bad now...its manase's fault I swear! I know we keep saying it, but now we for sure have to meet up sometime so I can make it up to you and Toa!

Line said...

The Thomas the Train theme was SO cute! I love the invites, the cake, the favors, the decor, everything! You guys are so creative... Not to mention the food was SO good!

Unknown said...

I think its time for Leila to have a post already!!!

Crystal said...

OH MY GOSH!!! HE IS ADORABLE!!! I LOVE THAT FIRST PIC! such a happy baby!!